“It’s not all about me anymore. Since Jesus lives in me, it’s all about Him!”
This summer at Camp Bennett, learn about Christ’s gift to you and what He has planned for your future. Your life will never be the same.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. --Galatians 2:20
“2021 SUMMER YOUTH CAMP”
Week 1: July 12 - July 16
Week 2: Aug 9 - Aug 13
Camp Bennett offers a beautiful rustic setting with a wide range of summer activities for your child in a Christian environment.
In order to protect campers from the COVID-19 coronovirus, the following protocols are being implemented:
- Hand sanitizer is to be used before and after each activity. i.e. meals, ropes, pool, hikes…
- Daily Showers will be required of all campers.
- Masks will be worn at all times by all campers and staff unless eating or swimming.
- Dining will be done at two different locations. Limiting indoor dining to 25 campers per dining hall area and allowing for social distancing. Each dining hall will be sanitized after each meal as well as at the end of the day.
- Dining hall, rec-room and other indoor common areas will be sanitized daily after the campers are in bed and ready for the next day.
- Beds are spaced in the dorms 6 feet apart to allow for social distancing.
- Camp will be divided into two groups of no more than 23 campers. These campers will not have any activities together in order to minimize interactions.
- All campers will be required to show up with a COVID-19 test showing negative results no longer than 3 days old.
- All food will be plated in the kitchen and delivered to campers. No buffet lines.
- We have limited the number of campers to 43 campers per week in order to maintain social distancing at all times.
A TYPICAL DAY AT CAMP BENNETT
9:00 Morning Worship
9:30 Activity Sessions
1:15 F.O.B. (“Feet on Bunk” aka Rest Time)
4:15 Activity Session
6:15 Singing on the Porch
7:00 All-Camp Activity
8:30 Evening Worship
9:30 In Group Area
10:00 Bedtime (younger campers typically are in bed earlier)
There’s no kind of busy like Camp Bennett. A camper’s week includes high and low ropes courses, swimming pool,gymnasium, zip line, nature trails, a playground, arts and crafts, water games and water slide, Carnival Day, Bible study and devotion time and group campfires.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS
FAMILY MINISTRY CENTER
Children should be dropped off Monday of assigned Camp week, 2:00 to 3:00 pm (bus will leave at 3:00 pm) at the Family Ministry Center, located at 3194 Bladensburg Rd. NE, Suite B, Washington DC, 20018.
Children should be picked up on Friday of assigned Camp week, by 2:30 pm at the Family Ministry Center, located at 3194 Bladensburg Rd. NE, Suite B, Washington DC, 20018.
COUNSEL IN TRAINING (CIT)
The counselor in Training program is open to individuals between 14 and 17 years old. Positions are available as space permits on a first come, first server basis.
- Space is very limited!
- All applications should be sent at least 3 weeks prior to preferred camp date
- Download:Counselor In Training Application
- Michael Tate will follow up with accepted CIT participants.
Please mail applications to:
Michael Tate, Director of Camp Bennett
20501 Georgia Ave.
Brookville, MD 20833